Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cooking Marathon Recap #1: Saturday Prep Night

Alright, I took quite the hiatus from blogging, but only because I've been très busy with school, work, and an improved social life.

Plus, I got my test results back from my food sensitivities blood work and that has been a lot of information to digest.

I am back, however, and ready to give the 411 on the cooking craziness that happened the past few weeks.

First things first. In light of my allergy results, all recipes featured from here on out will be free of...

almonds
anchovies
apricots
asparagus
barley
green beans
lima beans
pinto beans
red beans
bran
brazil nuts
brussel sprouts
buckwheat
carrots
casein
cashew
blue cheese
cheddar cheese
cherries
coffee
corn
cranberries
egg yolk
flaxseed
gluten
hazelnuts
malt
honeydew melon
cow's milk
goat's milk
millet
oats
onion
black-eyed peas
peanuts
pecans
cayenne pepper
red pepper
pineapple
rye
sesame
tomatoes
black walnuts
watermelon
wheat
baker's yeast
yogurt

And now you see why I might have been a bit overwhelmed.

Anyways, after receiving my test results, Sara and I sorted out a slightly daunting list of recipes to make during the three days I was home for Labor Day and then headed to Natural Groceries to stock up on ingredients.

A cutesy cousin with a cutie pumpkin! We get a little bit silly when shopping... and basically doing anything.


With a few hours of shopping under our belts, we returned home with two shopping carts worth of groceries and then started on food preparation. 



By the end of the night, all the vegetables needed for the recipes were chopped, the beans were soaking, and the squash, pumpkin, and beets were cubed and steamed.


AHHH BEETS!!!!

It was a lot of work, but everything was ready to go for Sunday, when the real work began.


That's one stocked fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment