Monday, August 27, 2012

Holy burst of flavor, Batman!

As per my weekend goal, I tried out a gluten-free granola recipe that did not contain oats. The recipe was really easy and tastes ...

INCREDIBLE!

Good golly, this granola is the cat's pajamas. It is a perfect blend of sweet and salty with a satisfying crunch. I need to make another batch STAT since this one is nearly gone. Hello new go-to breakfast and snack.

I pulled this recipe from the 120+ recipes I have pinned on Pinterest right now. I happened to have most of the ingredients in my pantry, so it ended up being very affordable as well as delectable. The recipe needed some modifications to fit my diet plan, so the following is my altered version of Vegetarian Times' Quinoa-Rice Granola.

Ingredients
5 gluten free brown rice cakes
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup mixed nuts
1/3 cup agave nectar
5 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup dried fruit (I used dried mango)

First, crumble the rice cakes in a bowl.  The pieces should be fairly small, about 1/2 to 1/4 inch.
Next, stir in quinoa flakes and mixed nuts.

In a separate bowl, mix together the agave, oil and cinnamon.
Then pour it over the rice/quinoa mixture and stir until well coated.
 
Spread it onto a parchment paper lined pan (or two). I only lined one of my pans and that was a big mistake.

Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Stir the granola and then bake for another 10 minutes. It should be golden brown. Let it cool on the baking pans until completely cool and crispy.
 
Next brake it into clusters and mix in the dried fruit. Store in an air-tight container and try not to eat the entire batch in one sitting.
Et voilĂ ! Scrumdiddlyumptious oat-free gluten-free goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment